Pedestrian & Traffic Bearing Waterproof Membrane Systems
These types of fluid-applied waterproof membrane systems are designed to stop water from migrating through horizontal surfaces in order to prevent damage to occupied spaces and to equipment or vehicles located below. Another primary function is to prevent contamination and / or deterioration of the substrate onto which the membrane is to be applied.
Typical applications for this type of waterproof membrane would be:
- Parking Garage Decks
- Sidewalks & Entrances
- Plaza Decks
- Pool Decks
- Mechanical Equipment Rooms
- Laundry Rooms
- Food Service Areas
- Auto Service Areas
- Stadiums & Sport Centers
- Concrete Roof Decks
- Manufacturing & Industrial Service Areas
These waterproof membrane systems can be comprised of a single type of material, such as a polyurethane or epoxy, or a combination of materials depending on the particular use. Manufacturers offer many different types of systems and can customize a system to meet a specific need.
Selection of the proper system is critical to the service life of the product. Things to be considered when choosing a membrane waterproofing system would be:
- Pedestrian, Vehicular Traffic (automobile or heavy truck), or Forklift Traffic
- Finished Surface Texture (smooth, lightly textured or heavy-duty texture)
- Exposure to chemicals (type & concentration, spill / splash or immersed)
- Type and construction of surface onto which the membrane is to be applied
- Type of surface preparation needed to meet manufacturer’s requirements.
- Expected service life of the system
We are approved applicators for several manufacturers and as with all of the products and systems we install, we work closely with the manufacturers to insure that our clients receive the correct system to meet their needs.